Nintendo gives release dates for some big titles coming in the next few months.
Yesterday at Gamescom Nintendo announced the release dates for some of their most anticipated titles.
Kirby’s Epic Yarn is a 2D platformer where Kirby is made out of yarn, able to interact with the environment and take on a variety of forms. Epic Yarn also features cooperative play. It releases Oct. 3rd.
GoldenEye 007is an upgraded version of the Nintendo 64 game, featuring online multiplayer. GoldenEye releases sometime in November.
Donkey Kong Country Returns is in the vein of the Donkey Kong Country games on the Super Nintendo. It comes out Nov. 21st.
Here’s the following dates for Wii games:
- Metroid: Other M: Aug. 31
- New Carnival Games: Sept. 21
- Samurai Warriors 3: Sept. 27
- Wii Party: Oct. 3
- NBA Jam: Oct. 5
- Just Dance 2: Oct. 12
- Kirby’s Epic Yarn: Oct. 17
- GoldenEye 007: November
- PokePark Wii: Pikachu’s Adventure: Nov. 1
- Sonic Colors: Nov. 16
- Donkey Kong Country Returns: Nov. 21
- Epic Mickey: Holiday Season
DS release dates:
- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future: Sept. 12
- Super Scribblenauts: October
- Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs: Oct. 4
- Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light: Oct. 5
- Art Academy: Oct. 25
- Rock Band 3: Oct. 29
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!: Nov. 14
According to Giant Bomb, Wii Party is a collection of over 70 different mini-games in 13 different game types. It supports up to four players in both cooperative and versus modes.
Here’s gameplay footage of Kirby’s Epic Yarn shown at E3:
Epic Mickey puts players in the Disney universe, in control of Mickey Mouse as he attempts to rid an alternative realm called the Cartoon Wasteland of evil and save the Disney stars of old. It’s being developed by Warren Spector’s Junction Point Studios.
Here’s the Epic Mickey intro trailer revealed yesterday at Gamescom:
Photos by Nintendo