Wii owners get a remake of the Nintendo 64 classic GoldenEye 007.
Nintendo revealed GoldenEye 007 during their E3 Conference today. The Wii exclusive is an updated version of the N64 game released in 1997.
Eurocom is developing GoldenEye 007 and Activision is publishing the game.
Here are some of GoldenEye’s features on the Wii:
- Daniel Craig is the main character (from Quantum of Solace)
- Online multiplayer: up to eight-players
- Up to four-player split-screen multiplayer
- XP system for online multiplayer
- 40 total multiplayer characters including eight classic Bond characters such as Jaws, Oddjob and Scaramanga
- 16 different game modes
- supports Classic Controller Pro and the Wii Zapper
President of Nintendo North America, Reggie Fils-Aime, stressed the importance of GoldenEye 007:
I remember it. You remember it. But there are people watching today who aren’t old enough to understand the impact that Goldeneye had when it first hit the market. If you’ve never experienced it, get ready for a landmark gaming experience.
According to Nintendo, GoldenEye 007 releases this holiday season. An official release date has yet to be confirmed.
[photo by Damian Dovarganes / Associated Press]